Bright Lights, Peaceful Nights

Bright Lights Peaceful NightsPort City United is committed to ensuring our community has access to needed resources and support that empowers our residents to create a safe place for all.

Part of PCU's outreach to our community includes making sure all residents know how to address potential safety issues at the neighborhood level, like broken or missing streetlights. While the county does not maintain or repair streetlights, we can make connections and help file maintenance requests with the City of Wilmington and Duke Energy. These partnerships with local agencies help keep our communities heard and represented.

If you have a broken streetlight in your neighborhood or would like to learn more about how to get a streetlight installed, PCU can help you navigate that process.

Report or Request a Streetlight

Depending on the location, streetlights may be maintained by a private homeowner's association (HOA), the City of Wilmington Facility Maintenance, or by Duke Energy.

You can report a streetlight outage online using these links below, or by calling PCU Connect at 910-798-4444 for assistance in submitting your request. Lines are open 24 / 7 for assistance.

Within the City of Wilmington limits, you can find out who maintains the streetlight in your neighborhood with this interactive map. Simply put in your address or zoom in to the area on the map to determine what agency is responsible for maintenance

You can also request street or area light maintenance from Duke Energy maintained pole.